High School/college Forums

This site is made to bring back those who used to roleplay on MyYearbook

Due to Denison High School having more Active members thn Sherman in 4 days I will be evening out the school as best as I can. -Daniel Burnes ;Site Owner;

The Decision

Ooh girl, it's Randy!
    Admin

The Decision

Post  Ooh girl, it's Randy! on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:43 pm

-sitting backstage, listens to my coaches, teachers, counselors and others talking to press members about me, patiently waiting to be introduced-
    GaigeShriver

Re: The Decision

Post  GaigeShriver on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:03 pm

*sits in the audience*
    Ooh girl, it's Randy!
    Admin

Post  Ooh girl, it's Randy! on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:19 pm

-hears someone say- And without further ado, here's Mr. Randy Mithlo.

-I walk onstage, smiling and waving at everyone, then shakes hands with a few people before sitting down at a desk set up- Thank you for having me here, everyone.

-hears someone say- You're welcome Randy. How are you doing tonight?

-my response- I'm doing great. Just a little nervous but other than that, I can't complain.

-press member- Good. Now, before we get your announcement, we'd like to ask you a few questions.

-me- Okay, shoot.

-PM- First question: Since leading Denison to the state title in December, what's been going on?

-me- Eh, not too much. Just living life, getting ready for college. Played some basketball for a while, started up with baseball, been living the life of an average 18 year old. Besides that, I've been thinking long and hard about which college is right for me.

-PM- What have you thought about this process?

-me- This process has been the main thing on my mind. I've heard from many coaches (including a few I see there in the crowd tonight) about what makes their school so great and I've liked what I heard.

-PM- Have you enjoyed the recruiting process?

-me- Absolutely. I want to thank each and every college that I have had an opportunity to speak with and hear what they had to offer. It's been an unbelievable experience, real humbling to be recruited so heavily.

-PM- Really? You're the #1 prospect according to ESPN, Rivals.com and many other recruiting sites for this year.

-me- So I've heard.

-PM- Confidence. I like it.

-I smile a big grin and laugh shortly- Yeah? Well, I kind of have to be to be in the position I am.

-PM- I agree. So anyway, how many people know of your decision right now?

-me- Honestly? I'm literally the only one who knows of my decision.

-PM- When did you decide?

-me- Today, before I came out here, I was out on Lake Texoma and I was hitting some baseballs into the water so I had time to think about it.

-PM- So you made up your mind this afternoon?

-me- Sure did.

-PM- So tell me, how many different college visits did you go on?

-me- I went and visited 12 different schools. I definitely liked what I got out of each of them.

-PM- Who in this process, Randy, have you taken advice from and who has had the biggest influence?

-me- Mostly friends, family, coaches and counselors. My counselor has been great. A lot of people that I look towards in a time of need or for advice, and ultimately they looked at me and said you ultimately have to live with your decision that you're going to make, and you have to do what's best for you, your family and to ultimately be happy.

-PM- What was the major factor, the major reason in your decision?

-me- There were several of them, actually. It mainly came to academics and definitely a chance to play.

-PM- Do you have any doubts about your decision?

-me- Nope, not at all.

-PM- Would you like to sleep on it or is this your final decision?

-me- Believe me, I've slept on it enough and it's time to make a dream come true.

-PM- You've had everybody biting their nails all around the nation. So it's time to end the speculation. The answer to the question everybody wants to know: Randy, what's your decision?

-me- First off, my counselor has 12 LOI's in a brown envelope just ready for me to sign. Can you please bring them up here?

-she brings the envelope to the desk-

-I open up the envelope and skim through them all, then come across the one I'm prepared to sign and grabs a pen and signs my name on it, then looks up-

-me- First off, I'd like to thank all 12 coaches and all 12 athletic directors for coming here to Denison, Texas to get my decision. I'd especially like to thank each of them for their excellent hospitality on each of my visits. Out of the 128 schools I could have chosen, it was very difficult to choose just one. May I ask them all to come up one-by-one so I can thank them personally? -I flip the signed LOI over and put the other 11 back in the envelope-

-all 24 men come up and I shake hands with each of them and thank them then make my way to the podium with my LOI still flipped over-

-PM- Well, ladies and gentlemen, here's the moment we've all been waiting for. Randy Mithlo, which college are you going to?

-me- This fall, this is very tough, this fall I'm going to take my talents to the nation's capital and play for the DC University Hawks.

-I turn to the discouraged 22 coaches and AD's and again thank them for having me then tell each of them- I'm sorry that I can't go to each school and play for them but I can say that we have a very strong football program and each school will be lucky to have a Denison Yellow Jacket on the college level. With that being said, I wish each of the other 11 schools represented the very best in their athletic futures. Thank you all for having me. -I shake hands with the DCU coach and athletic director-
    Ooh girl, it's Randy!
    Admin

Post  Ooh girl, it's Randy! on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:22 pm

-after finally getting a moment of privacy, I get on Twitter-
    Just made a very tough decision.
    GaigeShriver

Post  GaigeShriver on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:22 pm

*stands up and claps, walks over and gives you a hug* congrats bro
    Ooh girl, it's Randy!
    Admin

Post  Ooh girl, it's Randy! on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:23 pm

-gives you a hug back- Thanks man. It'll suck that we won't be able to beast it up in college but all I gotta say to you, and this hurts to say, but Sparty On!
    GaigeShriver

Post  GaigeShriver on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:26 pm

*laughs* I know the feeling dude, it's gonna suck but we both have great opportunities. Maybe we'll play together again in the pro's. Sparty On!
    Ooh girl, it's Randy!
    Admin

Post  Ooh girl, it's Randy! on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:26 pm

-tweets again- I'd like to thank #Texas, #NotreDame, #BoiseState, #SMU, #TCU, #NorthTexas, #Oregon, #GeorgiaTech, #Mizzou, #UTSA and #USF for having me.
    Ooh girl, it's Randy!
    Admin

Post  Ooh girl, it's Randy! on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:27 pm

True, man. It's crazy that two boys from Denison, Texas are off to big-time colleges. Well, I'm not so sure about DCU yet but it's something!
    Ooh girl, it's Randy!
    Admin

Post  Ooh girl, it's Randy! on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:28 pm

-tweets- #ThatBeingSaid though, I'm so happy to be part of the #DCU family. #HawksNation
    GaigeShriver

Post  GaigeShriver on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:30 pm

I know. You'll make it something tho for sure
    Ooh girl, it's Randy!
    Admin

Post  Ooh girl, it's Randy! on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:36 pm

I sure hope so! I mean, I'm gonna be a part of the first football team in school history so I've gotta make a note to not disappoint. Who knows? Maybe if MSU makes it to the Military Bowl, you might see me since we're not gonna be eligible to make it to a bowl game next season anyway.
    GaigeShriver

Post  GaigeShriver on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:40 pm

No pressure you'll do fine. That would be cool, but we want to be playing in the ROSE bowl
    Ooh girl, it's Randy!
    Admin

Post  Ooh girl, it's Randy! on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Why the Rose Bowl? Why not for a Natty?
    rileykirwan

Post  rileykirwan on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:24 pm

-walks up to randy and gives him a hug- congratulations! -looks at Gaige and smiles-
    Ooh girl, it's Randy!
    Admin

Post  Ooh girl, it's Randy! on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:25 pm

I'm at my beach house dude. Lol :p
    rileykirwan

Post  rileykirwan on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:32 pm

I noticed that after I posted
    GaigeShriver

Post  GaigeShriver on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:05 pm