High School/college Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
High School/college Forums

This site is made to bring back those who used to roleplay on MyYearbook

Due to Denison High School having more Active members thn Sherman in 4 days I will be evening out the school as best as I can. -Daniel Burnes ;Site Owner;

Coach's office

Ooh girl, it's Randy!
    Ooh girl, it's Randy!
    Admin

Coach's office Empty Coach's office

Post  Ooh girl, it's Randy! Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:44 pm

-gets to the coach's office and meets with the news reporter, a lunch awaiting me already, knowing this'll take up the entire lunch period-
    -listens to what the reporter is telling me and answers questions-

(Is there a certain gameplan set for tomorrow night?) Yes. Winning the Ax and getting the #1 seed in the playoffs.

(How will you be able to contain Sherman's defense? They're one of the top 5 defenses in the state.) Same thing we do every week. Go out and play football. Plain and simple.

(They're only allowing 8.6 points per game this season. Is this any cause for concern?) No, not really. We're scoring an average of just over 56 points per game. The only thing I can really say is that this'll be the toughest game on our schedule; I'd even say it's barely more of a test than we had early in the season against Dallas Carter.

(Understood. Sherman's scoring on average 42.9 points per game. Your defense is allowing just under 13 points per game. How much does this impact you?) Well, I'm confident our defense will be as stingy as ever and contain (Sherman QB Daniel) Burnes and company, so as long as they can do that, I can do what I do best on offense and get the ball where I need to.

(Speaking of Burnes, I'm sure you heard about his decision to attend Boise State. Since your news conference on Monday, have you made any college plans or any changes?) Not really. I already have visits set up all the way to 1 December, although this may have to be rescheduled, depending on how far into the playoffs we get.

(Really? What colleges are you visiting?) Well, on my short list, I've already made visits to Boise State and Oregon. My upcoming visits are to Texas this Saturday, Notre Dame next Saturday, followed by University of DC and finally Missouri on 1 December.

(Sounds like you have a full plate ahead of you. And I know you've mentioned you've visited two colleges already. Would you like to share your experiences?) Well, I visited BSU at the beginning of October, and I was blown away to set foot on the blue turf. I even got to toss the ball around with a few of the guys after the game. And I'm sure Danny Boy [you can quote me on that] will do just fine up there. Don't get me wrong though, I still have them under consideration.

(Nice, nice. Care to tell me about your visit to Oregon?) One word: raw. When I visited, they played Colorado. It was 56-0 at halftime and ended up 70-14. But that aside, I loved being in the Autzen Zoo and loved the atmosphere and everything. This is gonna be a tough decision for me to make.

(I see. In addition to your football stardom, we're also aware that you're a standout in basketball. How does your football run affect you in basketball?) The coaches talked it over and I'll be allowed to take part in basketball every morning and football on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, seeing as we play basketball games on Tuesdays and Fridays.

(Fridays? Won't that be a scheduling problem?) Not at all. I'll still be able to play basketball on Tuesdays and start on Fridays once our football run ends, hopefully with state.

(Well, I'm about out of time. Thank you for your time and good luck tomorrow night.) Thank you.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm